Thursday 4 November 2010

Day 4: Dear Sibling...

To my favourite (though only) sibling,

Tonight on the ride home you told me that if I was ever stuck anywhere at 3am, I could call you and you'd come pick me up. The other night when Dennis asked me if you were like a father figure/awesome uncle to me, the answer is yes. I still remember when I was little and you brought me to that baseball game and I dropped my chicken nuggets, and so you bought me more. I won't forget the 5am pizza cravings or the trips to 7-Eleven for munchies or all the rides, comforting phone calls and hours spent playing computer games in your room, even when I was sick. Everyone Ooos and Aaahhs when they hear about my handsome older brother. And they better watch out, because if they mess with me, they'll have to deal with my brother...
He was a bouncer you know...

I'm sorry for drying up all your markers when I was little, and reading all your Dylan Dogs in your bathroom, or 'somehow' crashing your computer on numerous occasions...
I love that you are colour blind, I love that you are dedicated to going to the gym, I love that you are a cancer survivor, I love that you went back to school and didn't give up, I love that you're a big nerd.
Thanks for taking care of me when I was sick, letting me play with all your hot wheels, bringing me oranges in the hospital, letting me hang out with your older friends and letting me sleep in your bed when I was sad.

Despite any difference of opinion we may have or of taste in Science Fiction Television Series...
I love you.

Luckiest Sister in the World

Ps: I'm still bitter about the bridesmaid thing...jk
x

No comments:


Where in the World...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...