Thursday 11 February 2010

To the lake!

Somehow managed to overcome space and time and am ready for tomorrow. Essay is done and my bags are basically packed. Just need to study some french and copy some german now and I am all set. I leave tomorrow afternoon once again for Ames, Iowa, to see the 'chocolate to my pudding'. Very excited to say the least and am glad to have finished my essay on Sylvia Plath. Ironically, it is the anniversary of her death today. I don't know if anyone knows anything about her but I have the sneaking suspicious she didn't mean to actually die, that she wanted to be found 'just in time', but events worked out the other way...in any case. Happy Reading Week! x

----------------------------------------------------------------
Tout à coup des accents inconnus à la terre

du rivage charmé frappèrent les échos:
le flot fut attentif, et la voix qui m’est chère
laissa tomber ces mots:

« Ô temps, suspends ton vol! et vous, heures propices
suspendez votre cours:
laissez-nous savourer les rapides délices
des plus beaux de nos jours!

« Assez de malheureux ici-bas vous implorent,
coulez, coulez pour eux;
prenez avec leurs jours les soins qui les dévorent,
oubliez les heureux.

« Mais je demande en vain quelques moments encore,
le temps m’échappe et fuit;
je dis à cette nuit: Sois plus lente ; et l’aurore
va dissiper la nuit.

"Aimons donc, aimons donc ! de l’heure fugitive,
hâtons-nous, jouissons!
L’homme n’a point de port, le temps n’a point de rive ;
il coule, et nous passons!" -------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.


Where in the World...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...