Thursday 24 March 2011

Workout Girl

Sorry for the lack of updates, I was finishing up some major uni work this week and it feels so amazing to be finished the majority of it, though I still have quite a lot of little projects to do these next two weeks before exams...

But I bought myself gym shoes and I've been going to the gym!

I have been happy with my weight lately, so much so that I haven't bothered to weigh myself yet, but I feel like my muscles could definitely use a tone, maybe a lift or a little flattening? haha Along with all the other benefits of being healthy, plus endorphins and what not, I just think it's time I gave it a try since I have two gyms available to me free of charge!

My brother took me to his personal gym on Wednesday where I tried out the equipment and went to his weight-lifting class, really good and was so sore afterwards. Then I went to a Zumba class at my gym with my friend Anna and it wasn't as intense but definitely a good work out. It's funny though because there's a running track right above the gym, so if you look up you see people staring down at this group of people reenacting Thriller, which is ridiculously fun to do.

My plan is to go three times a week after my German class in the mornings.
Mondays - arm, triceps, biceps, whatever they're called I don't know...
Wednesdays - middle section, abs, torso, etc.
Fridays - legs, thighs, glutes, etc.

And also incorporate some time on the treadmill and bike. I know cardio is a vital part to all this but I'm going to have to build myself up slowly because for some reason I can barely run without being ridiculously out of breath.
I'm not looking for a six pack but just to get healthier, leaner and stronger. I'll be in a bathing suit most of the summer plus learning how to scuba dive.

Now all I have to do is some laundry to feel GTL!

No comments:


Where in the World...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...