Tuesday 12 October 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend!

I can honestly say, that this year has been the best Thanksgiving I have ever had.
I got to finally experience a real turkey dinner (shocking, I know) and really good gravy too, which I've always been weary of. I have eaten so much over the weekend that I don't think I will be hungry for a good while this week, not to mention my fridge is full of leftovers...

It started off with some Halloween Costume hunting with Tiffanny...
...followed by yummy Greek food, something we enjoy quite often...

I wonder what food in Greece is really like because sometimes I feel that the options on the Danforth are quite limited to Souvlaki or Gyros, I'm sure there are other things that Greeks love...my favourite: Spanakopita.


The next day I spent the morning with two friends who were cooking a chicken for themselves instead of a Turkey, they let me watch and learn their cooking skills...(We also went thrift shopping, I can't wait to show you the amazing founds I got!)

And that night, I got to meet my brother's future in laws for the first time. Her mother made so much food, I don't know how she managed to cook all those things!

 Turkey, Ham, Meatloaf, Two Lasagnas...all the sides, two types of mashed potatoes, amazing rice that I got to take home, and then four cakes and pies as well as a giant fruit platter for dessert!

My plate was FULL and each time I looked down, it seemed like I wasn't making any indent whatsoever...so much food!

Then on Monday morning I had breakfast with some amazing friends from high school...
  I love the red walls! Her mum made a loin of beef that was perfect and an amazing Ginger Carrot Butternut-squash soup that I got to take home! I miss her so much and hope I get to see her soon.

 I am definitely thankful for all this food, I am also thankful for this amazing new family that I will have! I am thankful for my friends, who always find a way to cheer me up, and to my amazing (and patient) boyfriend.


Things can be pretty tough sometimes, but when you stop and consider how lucky you are, you realize you can surpass any obstacle. x

No comments:


Where in the World...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...